The power of the TURBINE…
Finally, the R66 is here!.
Robinson’s first turbine helicopter that stands out from its competitors thanks to a competitive price (about 850,000 US $) and a remarkable weight to empty. Full load of fuel, the R66 can hold 927lbs of passengers and freight 200lbs more than its closest competitors.
The R66 Turbine is a five seater which takes up many of the design features of its renowned predecessor, the R44, including a bipale rotor system, cyclic T-bar and an open configuration inside the cab.
The most notable differences are its best performance; The power reserve and altitude, the fifth seat and large baggage compartment. HID landing lights, leather seats, and a stereo audio control Panel are serial in the R66.
For R44 pilots, it takes less than an hour to be comfortable with this new unit. HelicoStore had the pleasure of stealing, owning privately, and testing this magnificent machine. It’s the private chopper at its best!
This information can be changed without notice.
- Gross Weight-2.700 lbs
- Unladen weight (incl. oil & Avionics)-1.280 lbs
- Fuel capacity (73.6 gal)-493 lbs
- Passengers and suitcases (with Max fuel)-927 lbs
- Cruising speed-Approx 120 kts
- Maximum range (without reserve)-approx 325 nm/375 status miles
- IGE-over 10.000 ft ceiling
- Ceiling EMB-over 10.000 ft
- Rate of climb-over 1.000 rpm
- Maximum use Altitude: 14.000 ft